POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Smoke : Re: Rendering Smoke Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Smoke
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Feb 2003 20:14:48
Message: <3e5d6688$1@news.povray.org>
You got to use scattering media then. It calculates
the intensity of color in relation to the light which
passes through the dense regions of the media.

But you've got to know that its more intensive tracing
than for tracing emission and absorption.
Its also pretty hard to tweak.

I'll come back to you tomorrow, but perhaps you might
want to look at my Worldbowl-Images I've just recently
posted in binaries.images. The clouds inside the worldbowl
are modelled using scattering/emission media.

Regards,
Tim

PS: You definitely need to make that programm a
utility, lots of people are DYING to find something like
realistic smoke behaviour for POV...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde